Tuesday, September 6, 2011

THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX..

The other day I posted about not knowing what I’m doing when it comes to my vintage furniture business.  Here are a few things I do know:

I love vintage furniture…

DSC_9583-copy_thumb

I love vintage accessories…

(via pinterest)

I love collecting and finding vintage pieces…

Typewriter

Some of my collection

Swoon Worthy Vintage 015

I love “vintage inspired” events…

I hate parting with my pieces…

Tea set

(another one of my finds!)

I can’t keep purchasing stuff and not making a return on it…

Old baseballs and glove

(old baseballs and glove I collected)

So what do I do about wanting to collect vintage items, own a business, and make money doing it????

Swoon Worthy Vintage

~EVENT RENTALS~

 

My girl Rachel posted about taking her business in a different direction and I immediately knew what she was thinking because I had been contemplating the same exact thing. 

I want to take my vintage pieces

image

and bring them to life!

image

Vintage rentals is a great idea for brides looking to infuse a little vintage flair to her wedding but not wanting to spend precious time looking for vintage items, or wondering what to do with them after the wedding for that matter. 

This is still new for me so I am working hard to get everything in place as far as photographing my collection, getting the word out, having a website created and so forth… I’ll definitely keep you all posted as things start to come together!

Until then, do you know of anyone getting married in Atlanta?Smile 

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! You should try to hook up with a photographer too - many of them would probably like to have props to use in shoots that they don't have to keep as inventory themselves. Love your collection!

Jennifer said...

I was going to suggest the same thing Carmel did! That blue wingback chair in particular would look lovely in a field for a photo.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, great idea above!! Love this venture, you've got the eye! Janell

Karen said...

What a great concept. I'll be interested to see what kind of information you find about starting this type of business. Best of luck!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I'm happy to hear about your new business venture! Congratulations.

Sing of Singature Style said...

This is a really cool idea. Would you ever consider selling the items for the right price?