Wednesday, January 4, 2012

DISCOVERING ONES SELF IN 2012

I haven’t blogged here since October and I have a good reason.  Last I remember, I was jumping on the vintage rentals bandwagon.  I sort of lost track of of my original goal for Swoon Worthy.  Let me state here that I do intend to continue with the vintage rental aspect of Swoon Worthy, but I do have other things that I want to get in order as well.

If you read my other blog, Home to three Duncan Boys, you already know that I’ve been coming into my own.  With blogging, because there is so much out there, its so easy to get caught up with what everyone else is doing.  If you aren’t strong enough, you risk the possibility of losing focus and doing what everyone is doing.  With me, I ended up doing what others were doing.  My main goal for my refurbished pieces were to make them show stoppers.  I wanted my wood furniture painted in amazing colors and chairs upholstered in the funkiest and hottest fabrics.  Well… because of my vintage rentals venture, I got caught up in the shabby aspect of vintage.  I had to take a step back and remember that it is one thing to have an appreciation for something, but it’s just not right to do what others are doing just because you think it will get you where they are.  I like color and I know for a fact that I am not alone! My goal for 2012 is to discover myself while staying true to what I love.

So, what’s in store for Swoon Worthy?  For starters, I need to organize and beautify this blog. I also need to get back to doing what I love, painting furniture! I have a few pieces in my garage that I need to start on, so expect a few before and after posts soon.

Thank you for staying with me.  And for my new followers, thanks for joining!!

Here’s to a fabulous and colorful new year!

No comments: